I currently have both flights booked but can only choose one of these trips, which dates are my best bet for the deepest and most days of pow? My options are ski 3/18 through 3/20 OR 3/22 through 3/24.
Your advice is greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Sebastian from Chicago
Your in luck. It is too far out with great confidence but our thoughts are to take the later period 3/22 to 3/24. Powder is likely with some cold air eventually. I usually offer custom trip planning (Chase ideas as you arrive) via email with my donations. $50 or more gets you custom forecasts. If you score pow feel free to feed our chase bank. Enjoy the POW.
EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO) DIAGNOSTIC DISCUSSION issued by CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP/NWS and the International Research Institute for Climate and Society 14 June 2018 ENSO Alert System Status: El Niño Watch Synopsis: ENSO-neutral is favored through Northern Hemisphere summer 2018, with the chance for El Niño increasing to 50% during fall, … Continue reading
The Powder watch for Colorado has been cancelled as models shift most moisture north into Wyoming late this week into the weekend. Moisture will also be falling in Utah and areas of south central Montana where it’s possible that Big Sky (Closed) gets a refresh of light or moderate snow … Continue reading
Update: Remember that most resorts outside the Front Range in this forecast are closed for the season. The next storm system will impact southern Colorado primarily on Thursday night and Friday. Moisture will spread north Friday afternoon through Saturday and impact the Front Range Ski areas. This system is very moist. … Continue reading
April 18, 2018- AM Report I nabbed what may be my last day of the season yesterday at Snowbird. 4 inches on the morning snow report kept most folks in bed (Many have put their boards away for the season). By 9AM there was a solid 7 inches at lower … Continue reading
April 14, 2018 Its been a wild ride for Powderchaser Steve in the past 3 days. Thursday brought 8-9 inches to Snowbasin by 9:30 AM (I was in position) followed by an afternoon of heavy snow and wind at Snowbird (5-9 inches). On Friday I scored 10 inches at Big … Continue reading