Okay, it seems like the models aren’t showing a ton of snow for early February, so we’re trying to decide whether we should bail on our Vail plans and drive somewhere else (Taos? Wolf Creek?). What do you think would be the best bet for powder days within a 5-hour radius of Denver?
That is beyond my model runs. Is there a chance you can defer any cancellation until late next week? Snow conditions in Colorado are very good even though it has not freshened much in the past 2-3 weeks. Breckenridge had a surprise 8 inches just 9 days ago. At this point, you could see a change even though the models are not showing much in the next 10-12 days. I think you are safe waiting?
Thanks for the insights! We can definitely wait. I think we can cancel our current Airbnb reservation up until a day before our stay. We’ll wait another week or so and see what the models look like. I appreciate the response! We’ll definitely be donating if we are able to get some powder for this trip.
How’s Presidents’ Day Weekend in Colorado looking now? According to what I’m seeing, it looks like we’ll get a little snow on Tuesday-Wednesday and there’s a chance we’ll get a little on Sunday as well. Is that what you’re seeing? Thanks!!
Coverage is fine at Vail currently! Will the World Cup still be taking place as I am headed to Beaver Creek today. You are correct about this week. There is a storm moving through on Tuesday/Wednesday however moderate at best. The winds are from the North so areas closer to Loveland might see higher amounts. If you are at Vail you could easily chase over to Summit County, A Basin (Same ticket) and grab powder. I am confident that something is moving through early next week however amounts might be 3-6? Could be higher near the front range. More later. Beyond that looks pretty dry.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Have Instagram? Use the hashtag #powderchasers to see it here!
No Instagram? Send Us Your Powder Shot!
NOTE FROM POWDERCHASERS: Predictions offer a best “guess” scenerio with a trend towards a weak or moderate El Nino increasing during the winter months. This is the warmer phase and opposite of a colder phase that pushed heavy moisture north last season. These predictions can change however consistent in … Continue reading
EL NIÑO/SOUTHERN OSCILLATION (ENSO) DIAGNOSTIC DISCUSSION issued by CLIMATE PREDICTION CENTER/NCEP/NWS and the International Research Institute for Climate and Society 14 June 2018 ENSO Alert System Status: El Niño Watch Synopsis: ENSO-neutral is favored through Northern Hemisphere summer 2018, with the chance for El Niño increasing to 50% during fall, … Continue reading
Update: Remember that most resorts outside the Front Range in this forecast are closed for the season. The next storm system will impact southern Colorado primarily on Thursday night and Friday. Moisture will spread north Friday afternoon through Saturday and impact the Front Range Ski areas. This system is very moist. … Continue reading
April 18, 2018- AM Report I nabbed what may be my last day of the season yesterday at Snowbird. 4 inches on the morning snow report kept most folks in bed (Many have put their boards away for the season). By 9AM there was a solid 7 inches at lower … Continue reading
April 14, 2018 Its been a wild ride for Powderchaser Steve in the past 3 days. Thursday brought 8-9 inches to Snowbasin by 9:30 AM (I was in position) followed by an afternoon of heavy snow and wind at Snowbird (5-9 inches). On Friday I scored 10 inches at Big … Continue reading