Login

Best place to drive from Denver for powder Feb. 14-15

Home Forums Ask the Powderchaser Best place to drive from Denver for powder Feb. 14-15

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Powderchaser 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TreeSkiing
    Participant

Okay, it seems like the models aren’t showing a ton of snow for early February, so we’re trying to decide whether we should bail on our Vail plans and drive somewhere else (Taos? Wolf Creek?). What do you think would be the best bet for powder days within a 5-hour radius of Denver?

Thanks!

Tom

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

That is beyond my model runs. Is there a chance you can defer any cancellation until late next week? Snow conditions in Colorado are very good even though it has not freshened much in the past 2-3 weeks. Breckenridge had a surprise 8 inches just 9 days ago. At this point, you could see a change even though the models are not showing much in the next 10-12 days. I think you are safe waiting?

TreeSkiing
    Participant

Thanks for the insights! We can definitely wait. I think we can cancel our current Airbnb reservation up until a day before our stay. We’ll wait another week or so and see what the models look like. I appreciate the response! We’ll definitely be donating if we are able to get some powder for this trip.

Tom

TreeSkiing
    Participant

How’s Presidents’ Day Weekend in Colorado looking now? According to what I’m seeing, it looks like we’ll get a little snow on Tuesday-Wednesday and there’s a chance we’ll get a little on Sunday as well. Is that what you’re seeing? Thanks!!

Tom

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Coverage is fine at Vail currently! Will the World Cup still be taking place as I am headed to Beaver Creek today. You are correct about this week. There is a storm moving through on Tuesday/Wednesday however moderate at best. The winds are from the North so areas closer to Loveland might see higher amounts. If you are at Vail you could easily chase over to Summit County, A Basin (Same ticket) and grab powder. I am confident that something is moving through early next week however amounts might be 3-6? Could be higher near the front range. More later. Beyond that looks pretty dry.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.