Login

BS fresh traxx??

Home Forums Ask the Powderchaser BS fresh traxx??

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Powderchaser 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Firefighter5610
    Participant

Looking for a chase route through the sparwood to banff regions of BC. Eastern regions of the rockies would be optimum. March 6th untill it stops puking powder is my time frame.

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Latest long range models show deep low pressure possible over Canada (Interior BC) the first week of March! It’s not high confidence until 7 days out in my books. The long range ensembles show some deep lows possible March 1-5

PCS

mlcambre3
    Participant

How is Big Sky looking for from February 27th to March 4th?

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Models show some cold air moving in late this month and early March. Big Sky has been missed on several storms this year but things look optimistic for you currently. It’s still a bit far out for accuracy but my confidence is decent right now. Please ping us back on a new question in 3-5 days.

PCS

Firefighter5610
    Participant

6 days and counting before we leave the Canadian prairies for the interior of BC. Mostly fernie. I see that forcasts are showing major precipitation for the area but in the form of plus temps and rain….This may suck for a good POW chase..Thoughts???

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Are you in the BC area? Snow is going to pick up this week especially Friday/Saturday with colder temps. I think you will score!

PCS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.