Login

Skiing Tahoe March 24-27th..Mountain reccomendations?

Home Forums Ask the Powderchaser Skiing Tahoe March 24-27th..Mountain reccomendations?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Powderchaser 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

buffs123
    Participant

Hey powder chasers,

I’ll be in Tahoe (flying into renoe) and skiing Friday the 24th through Monday the 27th. We’re having a tough time choosing what mountains to ski (Squaw, Heavenly, Alpine and or any others in that area? Can you please help us out based on the powder you’re seeing (hopefully seeing!)…just made a donation so hoping you’ll follow up over this weekend as well as closer to the trip.

All the best,
    Casey

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Hi Casey

Right now your in luck for powder but elevation might be your best friend. This week on Tuesday the resorts on the Sierra Crest (Highest elevations like Kirkwood,Sugar Bowl and perhaps Squaw) will grab a foot or more up top (Good for a new refresh before you get there)> Resorts like Mammoth will get the most down south (11-16). The weekend you are there will see a continual increase of snow but with SW winds the snow level may be at the base at some resorts with all snow mid mountain and above. I think the odds of rain are slim. You will have 1-2 feet or more of wet to medium density powder. I would stick to higher elevation resorts for the best chances of powder. If winds ramp up one of the most reliable chairs in the Sierra with good terrain is KT 22 at Squaw (Well protected). The issue is the terrain is lower on the mountain so quality may suffer some. Aim for higher resorts if wind is not an issue like Sugar Bowl, Alpine Meadows, or Kirkwood. Also Mount Rose is very high but smaller resort. Does that help? I might respond back again later this week. Thanks for the donation. PCS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.