Hey Steve, I have a SW flight booked arriving in Reno tonight 4/5 and returning Sunday 4/9. I would only be skiing squaw/Alpine Meadows since I have the mountain collective pass. Is it worth going or do you expect a lot of wind closures at squaw those dates?
I will look at this and respond later tonight. Winds are definitely an issue for Squaw Friday and perhaps Saturday. KT 22 however is pretty well protected and accesses amazing terrain! The KT chair usually runs with gusts on the ridges of 50-60 MPH. Once it hits 80-100 they are likely to shut it down. Chasing in CA is risky with winds and high snow levels (AVY closures). Then again if it gets cold Saturday and you get 6-10 of medium density on top of the slop that fall Friday you score! Its a gamble! Will respond later again
Update: with large flight delays tonight, I have changed my flight to Saturday night thru tuesday morning…Could those dates be better? Will there be a warm up Monday?
Please donate if you can or did you? I looked at models. My guess is cold air gets to north Tahoe Saturday by morning. I expect heavy snow during the day. It will continue into Saturday night lighter intensity. Sunday should see terrain open at the summits. Warming trend after Sunday. Wasatch gets a cold storm Saturday night
Thanks for the info! Donation sent 🙂
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Have Instagram? Use the hashtag #powderchasers to see it here!
No Instagram? Send Us Your Powder Shot!
Update Light snow grazed resorts along and north of Interstate 70 yesterday with most resorts in Colorado reporting 2-4 inches. Winter Park nabbed 4 while Vail nabbed 2 to freshen things up for the next storm on tap tonight through Friday PM. Quick update: Models are still on track for … Continue reading
END OF SEASON FUND DRIVE- FINAL POST! PLEASE FEED THE FACE SHOT BANK FOR NEXT SEASONS FORECASTS ESPECIALLY IF YOU SCORED POW. SUMMARY: 4/18/17 8 AM MST 7-10 Inches fell from the last storm over the Sierra (Mammoth and Heavenly) as moisture focused south of Interstate 80. Snow above 7500 … Continue reading
IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING? JUNE 9, 2017 POWDER POST POTENT STORM IS GOING TO BRING SIGNIFICANT SNOWFALL TO MONTANA, NORTHERN WYOMING AND AREAS OF IDAHO EARLY NEXT WEEK! The areas around Big Sky, Red Mountain Lodge will see significant snowfall above 8,000 feet Monday/Tuesday (9-16). Junuary will dump snow as far … Continue reading
5/15/17 8AM MST I know your all going to give me grief about making a “Final Post” last month, but it’s really happening again, so grab your gear and get ready for some fresh snow that is going to impact most mountain locations of the West! Cold temperatures and lowering … Continue reading
Summary 4/28/2017 5PM MST – FINAL POST OF THE SEASON! PLEASE DONATE BELOW IF YOU LIVED VICARIOUSLY OR SCORED POWDER! It’s not over yet, but it’s pretty close. This may be our last good storm and certainly our last cold storm that brought heavy lake effect snow showers over the … Continue reading