Login

Squaw Valley 4/5 – 4/9 ?

Home Forums Ask the Powderchaser Squaw Valley 4/5 – 4/9 ?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  semore72 2 weeks, 3 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

semore72
    Participant

Hey Steve, I have a SW flight booked arriving in Reno tonight 4/5 and returning Sunday 4/9. I would only be skiing squaw/Alpine Meadows since I have the mountain collective pass. Is it worth going or do you expect a lot of wind closures at squaw those dates?

Thanks !

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by  semore72.

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

I will look at this and respond later tonight. Winds are definitely an issue for Squaw Friday and perhaps Saturday. KT 22 however is pretty well protected and accesses amazing terrain! The KT chair usually runs with gusts on the ridges of 50-60 MPH. Once it hits 80-100 they are likely to shut it down. Chasing in CA is risky with winds and high snow levels (AVY closures). Then again if it gets cold Saturday and you get 6-10 of medium density on top of the slop that fall Friday you score! Its a gamble! Will respond later again

semore72
    Participant

Update: with large flight delays tonight, I have changed my flight to Saturday night thru tuesday morning…Could those dates be better? Will there be a warm up Monday?
    Thanks

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Please donate if you can or did you? I looked at models. My guess is cold air gets to north Tahoe Saturday by morning. I expect heavy snow during the day. It will continue into Saturday night lighter intensity. Sunday should see terrain open at the summits. Warming trend after Sunday. Wasatch gets a cold storm Saturday night

semore72
    Participant

Thanks for the info! Donation sent ūüôā

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.