Login

Summit County Chasing from LA

Home Forums Where’s it snowing now? Summit County Chasing from LA

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Powderchaser 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

flannelman808
    Participant

Just booked a flight to Denver for the weekend. Looks like the front range may get a good snow. Any advice on where to storm ride out there? I was thinking ABasin but wonder if they will shut down lifts because of wind, and if there is another spot more reliable to operate. Help!

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

We are headed to the front range also. I would keep an eye out on Winter Park, Loveland and A basin and perhaps Breckenridge. Upslope storms are tough to chase since sometimes the East winds keep most snow towards Denver or near the Divide. I think the Divide will do well however. Winter Park has a snow camera so you can see the snow each hour. Same with Loveland. Not sure on A basin. I am not sure about winds at A basin but don’t think an issue. It is an issue at Loveland. All areas will be crowded. Watch Breck camera also in case they get similar snow. Larger area and crowds might disperse? My chase will be decided in the AM. Also, Wolf Creek might be a good choice for Sunday if they get dumped on Saturday. They are reopening this weekend. Good luck. Leave Denver by 5AM to avoid the crowds. Please donate if you catch some powder. – We operate at break even and donate to avalanche safety every year.
    Powderchaser Steve

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.