Login

Weekend of March 17- Utah, Vail, or PNW?

Home Forums Ask the Powderchaser Weekend of March 17- Utah, Vail, or PNW?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Powderchaser 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

grostern
    Participant

Got a free place to stay in Vail, but I’m considering chasing instead. If it’s going to be spring skiing everywhere then I’ll go to Vail, but I’d hate to miss some powder days in Utah. I’d even consider a flight to Seattle to get me to some Washington State slopes. (BC would be tough to get to) Any opinion on that? Flights are doable, but there’s some money to be lost if I book a second set of flights and need to cancel (Vail flights are able to be canceled, good ole Southwest!). Help! Thanks

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

The weekend of March 17th does look like it will feature spring conditions, especially in Colorado. The long range models indicate a ridge will be in place in the west keeping things warm and generally dry. The ridge may start to breakdown towards the end of that weekend and bring a return of storminess to the PNW but it is too early to tell.

Powderchaser Luke

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

Update: Storm is likely for Colorado San Juan Mountain range for this coming Thursday (Starts late Wednesday). 1 model shows 12 inches or more for Wolf Creek. Another model shows 12 inches for the front range of Colorado Thursday or Friday. It’s really hard to pinpoint right now but confidence is increasing. The Sierra looks good near Mammoth on Tuesday (12 or more). Next weekend will be very wet in the Sierra with warm systems keeping northern sierra in the path for 2 feet or more. Snow levels will be at the bases or a bit higher at times. Spring snow. The very wet pattern next weekend will move East but there is no clear indication on path yet. Please donate to Powderchasers especially if you score powder! $50 gets you a swag high quality balaclava. Powderchaser Steve

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.