Login

Where To Go February 16'

Home Forums Ask the Powderchaser Where To Go February 16'

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Powderchaser 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sclewley
    Participant

Powderchaser,
    After riding the gorgeous powder in both Jackson, Idaho and Utah for the past month the dream has ended and it’s looking like dry and sunny slopes ahead (at least until the end of the month). I feel like I have a few options and wanted to get your opinion!
    1. I was thinking about heading out from Utah to Driggs on Friday in hopes of some surprise dust on crust in the Tetons?
    2. Heading to SW Colorado and fat biking/ice climbing until the storms return and then heading back to the Tetons?
    3. Driving the crazy drive to either Whistler or Revelstoke — caveat that I’ve never done any riding in Canada. I was seeing some snow forecast for that area but at over 16 hours drive is it going to be the powder I’m craving? I’m a little lost trying to check the forecast for that area. If they’re going to get snow I would gladly drive up and stay for the next 2 weeks.
    Let me know what your thoughts are on how to survive the dry spell ahead 🙂

Powderchaser
    Keymaster

I think if you are in powder withdrawal like we all are currently head to Targhee for Sunday. Light to moderate snow will cheer you up. From there, just face the reality that we need a break and time to climb and bike. There might be a moderate storm that swings down to the Sierra next Tuesday or Wednesday and pushes into the Wasatch and most of the Rockies mid week. We need to watch that one! After that most moisture is in the PNW with flip flopping snow levels. Canada could do well in that pattern but I would not chase there unless I had colder temps. Need to watch that! Most storms after mid next week look to head north. Please donate to keep our dreams alive.

PCS

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.